Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Hazards of A Common Name



This is an off-topic bonus post.  I noted in a recent post that I am self absorbed enough to blog about my own blog, so it should hardly be surprising that I google myself from time to time.  This time I was hoping that my achievement of being published in Bay Windows would drown out references to the persons, that I, quite unfairly, characterize as impostors.

Instead I find that even when limiting myself to a search of blogs that the dominant Peter Reilly story concerns testimony in favor of a law requiring that confessions be taped.  The testimony comes from a different Peter Reilly who was accused of murdering his mother.  My own mother, God rest her soul, passed away in 1993 after a long illness.

It seems like he is promoting a worthy cause so I really hold no resentment for the fact that you have to go to page 2 of a google search on our very common name before you get to the person I think of as the real Peter Reilly.  I do make page 1 of an image search and I must say that I think I am above average good looking as far as Peter Reilly's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment